Sunday, March 11, 2012

Ninja Sugar Cookies

So I know it's been quite a while, but I think it's time to get back into my baking groove.  A coworker asked me to make ninja shaped cookies.  Little did he know I have these babies laying around my house:


I think he'll be pleasantly surprised when I show up to work tomorrow, cookies in tow. The finished product is too cute and really delicious. Enjoy!

Sugar Cookies (adapted from All Recipes)

Ingredients
1 2/3 cup flour
3/4 teaspoon baking powder
Generous pinch of salt
1 stick of butter, softened
2/3 cup granulated sugar
2 eggs
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract (I used a generous 1/2 tsp of VE because I love the flavor.  You can use 1/4 tsp if you like)
Ninja cookie cutters (or any other cookie cutters you'd like!)
(Optional) Miniature chocolate chips for decoration

Directions
1. In a medium bowl, using a fork, mix together the flour, baking powder, and salt
2. In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until smooth
3. Beat in the eggs and vanilla to the butter mixture
4. Pour the flour mixture into the butter mixture and stir to combine.  I pushed the mixture around with a rubber spatula first to avoid a flour cloud with my hand mixer
5. Cover and chill the dough for at least an hour.  You can chill overnight if you'd like
6. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees
7. Roll out the dough (I just used my hands to flatten) on a floured surface about 1/4 inch thick
8. Cut into shapes using cookie cutters.  If dough becomes too soft, place in the freezer for 15 minutes.  
9. Place cookies 1 inch or so apart on an un-greased cookie sheet.  Bake 6 minutes or until cookies turn a light golden brown on the edges.  Remove from oven
10. While cookies are still on the sheet, place 2 mini chocolate chips on the cookies for eyes and press lightly
11. Remove cookies from sheet and cool completely on wire rack

I only had a few wounded soldiers - besides that, they came out great!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment