Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Chai Spiced Banana Bread

Now that I finally have my fancy new camera, I can start baking again!  I wanted to upgrade the photos on here to capture the true mouthwatering-ness of my baked goods :)  I had a couple of super ripe bananas laying around and wanted to spice up the standard banana bread recipe I use so why not try chai spiced?  Honestly, this recipe yields a more fall/winter type bread but it's still delicious!  Enjoy, kiddies.

Chai Spiced Banana Bread

Ingredients
4 overripe bananas (you can use 3, I like a strong banana flavor)
7 oz container nonfat plain Greek yogurt
1/3 cup (scant) vegetable oil
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 1/4 cups flour
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ginger
1/4 teaspoon cloves
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg

Directions
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.  Grease a 10 inch bread pan
2. In a large bowl, mash the bananas with the back of a fork.  Add the yogurt, oil, eggs, and vanilla.  Stir to combine.  Add sugars and whisk together
3. In a medium bowl, stir together the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, cloves, and nutmeg
4. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir until just combined.  Do not over mix the batter
5. Pour batter into the prepared pan
6. Bake for 55-60 minutes, or until tester inserted into the center of the bread comes out clean
7. Cool for 10 minutes in pan.  Remove bread and continue to cool on rack

 

No comments:

Post a Comment